the only way to be popular, to fit in, is to be cool. trends have definate shelf lives. you dont want to arrive late to a trend, because somthing more cool has sliently superceded it. then youre not cool, but just another sheep.
why do so many new trend emerge so quickly?
- teens hold a burning desire to spend money
- teen are givin guilt money, in place of parental interaction.
- 3000 ads a day are viewed by teens
how do advertizers determine the next cool thing?
- they serch for indivdual personallity in certain cultural groups.
- look for trendsettes, the twenty percent of kids that ignore advertizing.
- soon as advertizers make somthing cool it stops being cool.